Friday, April 25, 2008

Bessie Mae LANGLEY

I saw this request at the Tuolumne County message board at Ancestry.com:

Have a Bessie Mae Langley (nee Tesnear) b April 4, 1934 in SC. D May 1, 1996 in Tuolumne, CA. Mother's maiden name - Salts and Father's surname Tesnear. Interested in getting obit and death certificate as she is a distant cousin and appears to show a positive link to the Salts name. Do you know of anyone, or does the Tuolumne County Library have this service? (Ours in Spartanburg County, SC offers this service.) Thanks for any insight you can give me. John Tesnar Duncan, SC

I was unable to find Bessie Mae Langley's obituary in the Union Democrat Newspaper (Tuolumne County), so I did some research on her children. I was hoping to find the obituary published in another newspaper. Luckily it was- in Modesto, near where one of Bessie Mae's daughters were living at the time of her death.

I hope that the obituary will assist you in your family research. From the Modesto Bee, dated 3 May 1996:


UPDATE: I sent an additional obituary to the person who made this request (Bessie Mae's brother, Monroe TESNEAR):

"Fresno Bee, Fresno, CA, 15 January 1998

TESNEAR, MONROE - Private cremation arrangements for Monroe Tesnear, 74, of Madera, will be held under the direction of Jay Chapel. Mr. Tesnear, a dairyman, died Friday."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You accomplished what the Tuolumne Rootsweb Message Board, the Tuolumne County Library and the Tuolumne County Genealogical Society in Sonora, CA had not been able to do - locate the obit for Bessie Mae Langley. THANK YOU.

I have contacted by email the Tuolumne County Recorder at 2 South Green Street, Sonora, CA 95370, (209) 533-5531. Hopefully, they can tell me what I need to do to get an "informational" copy of the death certificate as that must be where the Salts surname appears.

Jeannie said...

NOTE:

You can obtain death certificates from
The California Department Of Public Health

:D