Sunday, March 9, 2008

Henry Edward CHADBOURNE

I saw this request at the Humboldt County message board Ancestry.com:

"Born South Fork 1875. Son Edward Chadbourne born Phillipsville 1900. Anyone have info on the maiden name, etc of Henry's wife? When and where did he die?
Thanks..."


Thank you for your questions. Unfortunately, I was not able to to locate a death date for Henry Edward CHADBOURNE. But I did find a lot of information that I think will help you out.

According to the 1910 Census (in Mendocino County), Henry's wife, Dora, was married to Thomas THURMAN for six years, so Henry likely died between 1900 and 1904.

Dora, born in January 1881 and who died in Humboldt County on 14 December 1924, was the daughter of Daniel SUTHERLAND and Ellen, an Indian woman. I have found very little information on Ellen.

Dora had a few children with Thomas THURMAN, including Ida Ellen THURMAN (1907-1983). She was married to Alonzo GOATES and is buried in Ukiah Cemetery in Mendocino County.

I was also able to find some information on Dora's siblings. To follow are the obituaries for Dora's brother, Enoch Phelps SUTHERLAND, and sister, Mrs. Florence HUNTER:


Please contact me if you would like further information on any of the families mentioned.

No comments: