Sunday, November 9, 2008

Fred and Hazel Irwin Abbott from Oakley, Contra Costa Co.

I saw this request at the Contra Costa County message board at Ancestry.com:

"They both died in Feb of 1973. I am mainly interested in their obits for the names of survivors, and also why they died the same month. They were my aunt and uncle and according to county rules I am not eligible to obtain death certs.

You can reply to me directly at venturaoma@sbcglobal.net

Thank you!"

Unfortunately, I was unable to locate Hazel's obituary, but I found one for Frederick in the Oakland Tribune:

Oakland Tribune, 11 February 1973
(Please click image to enlarge)

The Contra Costa County Library may be able to locate Hazel's obituary. This is a free service. When filling out the form, you will need to know that Hazel died on the 16th of February.

I also know of no limitation on receiving death certificate from Contra Costa County. You may obtain an Informational Copy of a death certificate online through the California Department Of Public Health. Just click on Application for Certified Copy of Death Certificate and fill in the box for "Certified Informational Copy".

No comments: