Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Cedar And Dade Counties, Missouri

Besides recording California pioneer families, I am also working on early families from the counties of Cedar and Dade in Missouri. While researching my BROWN line, I became very interested in these counties. After nine years of research, I have gathered nearly 30,000 names from these areas. I've concentrated on the family names below, but please contact me if you would like assistance with researching any family from either county. (Note: I am a direct descendant of the names in bold italic print).

Cedar County:

ACHORD, BACON, BAIRD, BAKER, BOSTON, BROWN, BUTNER, CAMPBELL, CHAPPELL, CHISM, CURL, DEARDORFF, DIXON, DODD, EDGE, FAIRCHILD, FRIEZE, GANNAWAY, GIPSON, GRIMES, HAMMONS, HEMBREE, KITSMILLER, O'CONNOR, PHILLIPS, RONK, SIMMONS, UNDERWOOD, WHITE, YORK

Dade County:

ACHORD, BOWLES, BROWN, CAMPBELL, CHAPPELL, CHISM, COBLE, DICUS, DILDAY, FINLEY, FRIEZE, FUNK, GILMORE, JONES, KILLINGSWORTH, LOLLAR, MCCLURE, POINDEXTER, SCOTT, SNADON, STEELEY, TUCKER

I will do free lookups in the following books:

"Historical Sketches Of Cedar County, Missouri", Clayton Abbott, 1968

"Marriage Records, Dade County, Missouri (1863-1872) And Abstracts Of Wills And Administrators (1841-1867)", Mrs. Howard W. Woodruff, 1971

No comments: