Thursday, June 3, 2010

Looking For My Mom's Birth Family

I saw this request at the Alameda county message board at Ancestry.com:

My mom was adopted at birth and I was looking for her birthfamily. She was born at east Oakland Hospital in Oakland, ca on January 19, 1944. All she knows is her birthfamily is Irish and French.

Unfortunately, I haven't yet found anything concrete on your CLEMENT family, but without a doubt, I have located your mother's maternal ancestry. Your mother's mom was born Claire Marie NATHANSON in Ohio and was the daughter of Louis NATHANSON (1888-1967) and Rose RAPHAEL (1888-1969). Louis and Rose were both born from Romania. They were married in Cleveland, Ohio on 9 March 1908.

I was also able to find the obituary of Mrs. Rose NATHANSON. From the Oakland Tribune, 25 November 1969:

Good luck with all of your family research!

No comments: