Thursday, January 8, 2009

William Babb and Margaret "Jennie" Lassiter

I saw this request at the Stanislaus County message board at Genealogy.com:

"I am seeking descendants of William Babb (1862) and Margaret "Jennie" Lassiter (1874). They are listed on the 1930 census of Ceres, Stanislaus Co., CA. Their children were: Marvel, Minnie, Annie, Johnie, Thomas, Charles Amos, Otis Dorward, Margaret "Jennie", Basil, and Courtney L. If anyone has information on any of these children and their descendants please let me know. I have a picture of Jennie Lassiter's parents, and other family information. My husband descends from a 1/2 brother of Jennie Lassiter's mother. I have found some information on census and SS death index, but have not yet found any living descendants."

I think these obituaries will help you find some descendants of the Babb family. From the Modesto Bee and News-Herald, 12 March 1973:


From The Modesto Bee, dated 5 April 1998:


From the Modesto News-Herald, dated 31 January 1931:

No comments: