Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Mason family of TN>Tulare, CA

I saw this request at the Tulare County message board at Ancestry.com:

"Eldorado "Rade" Mason of White Co. Tennessee married Alice Hamilton in Tennessee in 1896 and moved his family of 7 children (so far) to Dinuba, Tulare Co. between 1910 and 1913, the children were Frank, Beulah, Kilmer, Halley, Linnie May, Leo Boles and Walter. They settled in Dinuba and had 4 more children: Leroy, Hollis, Wallace and Ray. My late 1st husband was the grandson of Leo Boles and Helen Margaret (Nelson) Mason thru their son Donald Dean Mason. Leo Boles died in Fresno in 1968, Donald Dean in Oakhurst in 1995. Any information on the ancestors or descendants of this family are appreciated! Obits would be GREAT if anyone has any. Thanks, Heather Mason-Clark"

I was very pleased to have found both the obituary for Rade Mason and his wife, Alice Hamilton-Mason, in the Fresno Bee Republican newspaper:

Fresno Bee Republican, 29 June 1942

Fresno Bee Republican, 17 February 1955

I hope that these obituaries will prove to be helpful. Please let me know if there is any way that I can help.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! This is so kind of you. I am frequently amazed at the generosity of the genealogy community in general, but this is just amazing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! Heather Mason-Clark (Mother of 3 of Rade and Alice's great-great grandchildren)

Jeannie said...

Thank you for your sweet comment, Heather. Please let me know if I can do another look up for you. Keep in touch.

P.S. This area of California is of great interest to me. I too have family ties to Dinuba. :D