Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Harry Reid of Woodland, CA

I saw this request at the Yolo County message board at Genealogy.com:

"I am looking for information on the father of Harry Reid. I think he was born in 1896. His parents were Harry Reid and Mary Davenport. Harry's wife's name is Grace. They had a daughter. I think her name is Cathy. Harry and Mary also had another son named Frank."

Hi again Cricket! Your REID family has been a pleasant challenge for me. Case in point: I wasn't able to find any info. yet on Harry Jr. in Woodland (Yolo County), but I found an obituary for his daughter, Beatrice, in Modesto (Stanislaus County). From the Modesto Bee And News-Herald, 10 March 1934:

Further research shows that Harry Jr.'s wife was named Grace KANN. Beatrice was born in Mendocino County in 1919 and Patricia, the other daughter mentioned in the obituary, in Lake County in 1920.

Since it appears that the REID family lived all over Northern California and the Central Valley, I should be busy with them for a long time. Talk to you soon.

No comments: